5.27.2011

#4

Last year on my 25th birthday, I made a list of 25 ambitions I want to accomplish before my life is over. (I'm pretty sure my list will continue to evolve and grow over time, but it is fun to dream and hopefully make a reality all the things I want out of life.)

On Saturday, I completed #4-Finish a triathlon. I competed in the Women of Steel Triathlon. It was a 300m swim, 12.4 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. Just for women.

All I can say is how much fun I had! I don't think this will be the last one I do. Brandon was a great cheerleader and photographer! I couldn't have done this without his support throughout the training and race. And if you care to see pictures, here they are.
waiting to start

the swim went much better than I planned. i ended up passing 4 people!

it felt great to get that swim cap off!
grabbing my bike
and here we go!

do I look a little serious or what?
 

coming down the home stretch with a finish time of 1 hour, 23 minutes!
yay! I did it.
it felt very official with the body marking...
a huge inspiration behind this race...my friend Marcelle


the world's best husband!
And now, I can officially say I have competed in every type of race--marathon, half marathon, Ragnar, 10k, 5k, and triathlon. That makes me happy. I am so grateful I have been healthy enough to do all of them. And I'm grateful for the person I've become from making myself do hard things. It feels good.

7 comments:

  1. That ALMOST makes me want to try one! Haha! I'm so proud of you! And you even looked good doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!!! I am SO proud of you :) Where was it at? How cool are you. I absolutely LOVE doing triathlons b/c it is more than 1 type of sport, which makes it way more manageble, I think. ha

    SO so EXCited for you for reaching that goal. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Melissa! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! What a great feeling. I was very surprised how much I liked the triathlon. I will be doing more too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Way to go Melissa! Just curious, which type of race do you like best out of all of them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...