5.19.2011

Alexandria is Charming and Full of Surprises

Our first glimpse of Alexandria was on our way to pick up the rental bikes. We walked down King Street in Old Town Alexandria and fell in love immediately. All the building and shops were so quaint. And the houses, oh, don't get me started. I could move there today!


We heard great things about a restaurant called Bread and Chocolate. We had tried to eat at one in DC on the first day, but it was closed. Luckily, there was one in Alexandria. We were nice and hungry after our bike ride, so we tried it out. I should have known with a name like that I would be in heaven. Bread and Chocolate are 2 of my favorite foods.
We ate at a table by their front window display. Bike clothes and all. I'm sure it brought them great business.

I ordered french toast with ganache and bananas and bavarian creme. Heaven!

Brandon ordered french dip.
We didn't have enough of Alexandria in one day, so we went back on our last night. We discovered Prince Street. Such a perfect little street.
 
 


We walked by the river and enjoyed the street performers at the wharf. And then, dinner at Bread and Chocolate.I ordered crepes and Brandon got an omelet. Again, amazing!



At this point, Brandon started acting really strange. I wasn't sure what was up. We seemed to be walking aimlessly around the streets (which I didn't mind, but it was very uncharacteristic of him.) Finally, we ended up at a little ice cream shop.

When I first walked in, I saw this:

We got in line to order.You are probably thinking, "why/how do you have a picture of you standing in line?" Any guesses?

 Next thing I know, I feel a little tap on my shoulder. 

And guess who it might be? The girl I saw when I first walked in. It was Emily, my sister! I loved her disguise and I loved it even more than her and Kyle drove all the way from NYC to hang out with us for the weekend. Brandon had been scheming with them the whole time and Kyle captured it all on camera. That explains why Brandon was acting weird. 

We ate yummy ice cream and then went back to our hotel (they got a room in the same hotel) and stayed up until 2 am playing Bang! We must have been having a lot of fun because the manager had to call us and tell us to be quiet. Oops! Man I love surprises...especially in Alexandria! It was the perfect way to end our trip.


7 comments:

  1. Holy cow we'll move there too! And I could definitely use some bread and chocolate...that looks DELICIOUS!! So glad you got to see Em and Kyle what a fun surprise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my perfect!!! I LOVE this story SO much!!!! SO cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to go to Bread & Chocolate--both favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great trip! Fun that you got to see Em's I miss that girl - you guys are so cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...