7.09.2011

Our 3 Hour Camping Trip

I got the spontaneous idea to go camping for the weekend. It sounded like the perfect way to get out of the summer heat, break our routine, and put some of our camping gear to use that we always say we are going to use. While Brandon was at work, I got everything ready and loaded up the car. I was so on top of things that I even decided to precook the tin foil dinners so all we would have to do is reheat them when we got there. And I made muffins for a quick and easy breakfast. In my mind, it was going to be perfect. Ha! It was far from that. Here are a few things we learned.

1. Campgrounds fill up fast on the weekends. But...even if it says "campground full", you might get lucky and find an empty spot. That is...until someone kicks you out. Hence... our 3 hour camping trip.

2. Make sure to check the box of matches. I had packed a box, but didn't realize there were only 10 left. We refer to our campfire as "The Miracle of the Last Match." No joke, every single match blew out. On our final attempt, we were able to get enough started to keep it going.



3. Particle board does not make good firewood. End of statement.


4. Apparently, I didn't precook the dinners long enough. Let's just say, they were the worst tin foil dinners we have ever eaten. But you know what they say that everything tastes better when your camping. At least the  atmosphere helped, too!


So, we learned a few things. We'll chalk this up for a a good trial run. And next time, we will be more prepared and actually stay the night.

4 comments:

  1. you guys are so spontaneous & fun! sounds like a fun camping trip....even if it only lasted 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I bet it was a really nice memory, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. connor would call that a successful camping trip, the camping with out the sleeping on the hard ground part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had this exact thing happen to us. I was too bummed to go back to our apartment, so we went and slept in my parent's back yard instead. I could give you their address in case you ever get kicked out again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...