11.28.2014

on being grateful





Earlier this month, we decorated a thankful tree and put it on our mantle. The problem is, we would need a HUGE tree to list all the blessings we have. I like how President Uctdorf says that sometimes it's not enough to count our blessings but rather to have a grateful spirit about us even when times are tough. It's easy to not be content. There are  many pressures all around us to want more and be more. It can be exhausting and depressing. And I admit I've been caught up in that lately. But I'm grateful for all the quiet impressions that have come lately that remind me of the little blessings and tender mercies that prove that Heavenly Father loves me and my family. And if I can be wise enough to listen to Him, I can find a deeper happiness that extends far beyond a list of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...