6.23.2015

the end of mojo

We ended MoJo back in May, but I wanted to write a few thoughts about it before I forget.

1. I'm so glad we did this. I was nervous starting Blake into "preschool" so young. Why is our world so dang competitive? I'm just so grateful that it was far from a traditional preschool because he didn't need rigorous academia so young. I know he'll learn his letters and eventually learn to read. But, he has grown leaps and bounds in the social department. He has always been a bit more passive and unsure in new situations, but he has learned  to develop great little friendships with his friends. He wasn't always excited to go to the Rileys because they have a dog (he must get this from his mother), but this gave us a great chance to talk about courage and bravery. 

2. I'm grateful we tried to get outside for adventures as much as possible. 

3. Life is fragile. Just 2 days after our summer party, his friend Danae was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She has had surgery now and is slowly recovering, but how sad it's been to see one of his little friends go through such a big trial at a young age. It makes me want to appreciate every single moment. I'm not sure what this will mean for our preschool group in the Fall, but we've got all summer to figure it out. 

4. I'm very grateful for the friendships I've developed with Elizabeth, Sharla and Anna. I've learned a lot from each of them. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...