12.26.2015

christmas at the sunday home

Unfortunately, Blake woke up at 2:30 am Christmas morning throwing up. So by the time morning came, we were all feeling a little worn out. It was so sad seeing Blake feel so crummy on Christmas. He slept on the couch most of the morning while Evelyn opened some presents and we ate breakfast.


He started feeling better enough to open some presents. This picture doesn't show it, but I nearly cried when he opened it. Since he was going to be starting Sunbeam class in Primary at church, I wanted to make him a little bag that he could take his Book of Mormon in. When he opened it, he jumped up and ran over and gave me the biggest hug and said, "Thanks so much, mom!" It made my whole day. 
The joy in Christmas truly comes from giving. 


We all loved the cute NYC/Elf themed present from the Polls. Syrup, candy canes, Elf hats, Serendipity hot chocolate mix, and a fun New York at Christmas pop up book were so fun. 


And this guy^ his gift to me always makes me cry. It's tradition for us to write a Christmas letter to each other every year. I look forward to it every year. Well this year, the theme was "Renaissance" since I'm his renaissance girl (meaning I like too many things.) He listed off 12 things he loves about me and a gift for each one. One of my favorites was all of our home videos compiled into year videos.  

After gifts and naps, we went to the Sundays for dinner and a gift exchange and then exchanged gifts with my family. It's always such a fun day being with family. 




And here's the kids and some of their gifts from Santa and grandparents. Because it's so fun to look back and see what they got each year. 




And good thing we had the day after Christmas to play some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...