8.24.2010

lucky

I'm a lucky girl.
You see, my husband planned a very sweet anniversary surprise for me.
One that included all the perfect things that I love.
It was his turn to plan this year, but I'm thinking he should plan it every since he's so good at it.

I first woke up to a note on the table that told me to get excited for the day.

We both had to work, but when I walked in the door, there was note #2.
"Although I'm a good chef and am quite able, tonight you won't be dining at my table"

We got in the car and drove to a very fancy restaurant aka Chef's table.
(Thanks to a gift card that made it all possible. I'm not sure how people dine there otherwise)

We walked in to the restaurant. Live piano music created just the right ambiance.

Our reserved table (the first in our marriage!) was set perfectly off from the rest of the dining area. Our table had glimpses of light that came in from the stained glass windows.

As we were making our selection, our waiter folded the cloth napkins onto our laps. Another brought out a spoon of sorbet so we could start with a clean palette. Is that fancy or what?

Speaking of fancey, we got the fanciest dishes. So fancy, I can't even remember the names of them. Presentation earned an A+ and taste was right up there with it.



Right after our check was brought out, I received this envelope from the waiter. In it was clue #3.


So I don't bore you to death, we proceeded to visit places around Provo that were special for us. We visited our first married apartment that we liked to refer to as the cottage, the apartments we lived in while we were dating and engaged, and where we first met our Freshman year. Each place had a clue to the next. We reminisced about some of our favorite memories. It was a fun trip down memory lane.


One of my favorite spots was my apartment. There I found muffins and orange juice and rain checks for other places that we wouldn't be able to visit that night. Why muffins and OJ? Sweet Brandon would often drop off muffins and juice on my porch before classes. I loved that!



He must have had a posse helping him out because the next thing I know our car is a new spot than where we left it. It was where he first told me he loved me right after General Conference. It was also the place of many long talks.

Finally, I found this gorgeous bouquet of roses at our last place- the place we met.


When I say I'm lucky, I mean it. It was the perfect anniversary. Thank you babe.

7 comments:

  1. wow, what a romantic! Good thing you married him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing. you are realy lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really is the THOUGHT that counts more than anything else, isn't it? I bet what you loved most about this evening was all the thought Brandon had to put into setting everything up. So sweet and romantic. Glad you guys found each other - Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just loved this. I just love that you met him!! I got to meet him for the first time at Amanda's and I remember thinking when I got home that night how perfect he was for you and how in love you guys were... love that you still are. So happy for both of you. Adorable night. Kudos to Brandon. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magical night:) And I love that you are all dressed up! You look so cute!
    ps. love the photos. You are doing so good with the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Props to Brandon...darling anniversary date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. He did a great job! It looks like it was the perfect evening out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...