10.22.2010

Not a minute wasted in NYC

A week ago today, I was in NYC. What you say? Didn't you just get back from your trip? Yes, I know. I certainly was not planning on doing any other big travel for a while, but when a good friend offered to give me a free ticket she couldn't use, I couldn't pass it up. I'm suspecting you wouldn't either.

And that is when I started scheming. I thought about how delightful it would be to SURPRISE Em. She would have no reason to think I would be coming out. And I thought a little girls weekend would be the perfect thing.

With Brandon's help and encouragement (I'm lucky), I was on the red-eye two days later. I had to be flexible with the surprise since my flight and subway were delayed. But it made the surprise that much sweeter. She was in shock when I showed up at her office near Ground Zero.

Even though we had only about 48 hours, we didn't waste a minute.

Some of the highlights...

-Spontaneous shopping at Century 21 and Crate and Barrel on her lunch break

-Eating dinner at the Shake Shack. I'm craving a Concrete Jungle shake just thinking about it!


-Eating lemon ricotta pancakes for brunch at Sarahbeth's.

-Visiting a charming used bookstore-- you know the kind with books from floor to ceiling and those awesome ladders. Yeah, this was THAT kind of bookstore.

-Hanging out with this fun couple.


-An H&M visit along with jewelry shops of wall-to-wall and cheap, I might add, accessories

-Leaf Peeping (what Easterners call it). Rented a car and headed out of the city to see the vibrant colors.

-Shopping at Woodbury Commons outlets.

-Eating homemade pumpkin waffles.

-Lots and lots of girl talk.

5 comments:

  1. You are so fun and cute! Did you dye your hair?? Anyway, I love you two and wish I could make it to Kristin's baby shower to visit with everyone! oh well, let's do something over the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO fun! Someday I want to go to NYC with you so you can to take me to all the best spots and to get cheap, cute jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the best! I love LOVE that you surprised Em! Looks like you all had a wonderful time :) love ya Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for commenting on my blog Melissa! of course I remember you! I actually even hung out the whole weekend with your sis at annette's wedding! so fun to reconnect! what an awesome trip! I lived in nyc for a year after college and loved it! we'll have to keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun. wish i could just go somewhere and visit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...