1.17.2012

another sister

Meet my friend Kim. We can thank BYU for making us friends. Any time a BYU game was on, you could be assured that our husbands would be watching it together. That left plenty of time for us to craft, talk bargains, or recipes, or just laugh. We got to be really close before she moved away and I miss her! She is one of those people I could talk to about anything. She is like a sister to me.

It's her birthday today and I thought about some of our fun times together. This is us at Olive Garden way back in the summer. We got there for  dinner at 8:00 and didn't leave until 12:30 am. It must be their policy to not kick anyone out. We kept asking if they wanted us to leave and they said no. So we talked and talked and talked. I think we ate 4 bowls of salad and too many breadsticks to count.

She was an answer to prayer one day. I felt like I needed to be at the RS broadcast
back in September and she happened to call me up asking me to go. She scrounged
up tickets for us and then we ate PB&J sandwiches on the steps outside before listening
to the inspiring talks that I needed to hear. We cried together (hence the puffy eyes) and then
cheered ourselves up by eating fries and shakes and talking again for hours.

I'm so grateful for such good friends!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa! I am in tears! That was the best birthday present ever!!! How sweet are you???!?!?! Thank you so much for being so thoughtful. Now if only I can just say ditto to you to everything you said. I absolutely love and adore you! Can't wait to see you tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she seems like such a cute friend...and i loved seeing your cute dandelion yellow shirt in the last pic...aww, of course it had to come from our nyc times together:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...