1.22.2012

january showers bring...

We haven't had much of a winter around here (not that I'm complaining), but baby S has had some showers of it's own lately. What a lucky baby to have so many people love him/her already!

The YW leaders I serve with threw us a ward shower. The theme was sock monkeys. I wish I would have been able to get more pictures, but I was too busy chatting. There was delicious mini desserts and it meant a lot to have so many of the young women and other ward friends come. Baby got lots of books, diapers, wipes, onesies,  sleepers, some cute leg warmers, a very fun crib sheet set, and lots of other goodies. My heart melted when I opened some very thoughtful homemade gifts--a quilt from Kim, a blanket and binkie clip from one of my mia-maids and some burp cloths from another girl in my class. This group of girls are so amazing and talented.


My friends from forever threw me a shower on Friday. The theme was "Melissa is ready to pop" I could not get over how cute and festive everything was. And I loved that Andrea got to join us all the way from Pennsylvania because she was one of the masterminds behind it all! Yep, that is her on skype.

Jaci. Kellie. Cassie. Amanda. Alli. Jenny. Me
 Hope you guys don't hate me for this one. But what can I say? We have lots of fun together!

Check out all of these details!

 the invitation


the decor

all of the food was themed as well.
there was "pop"corn chicken, "pop"eye's spinach salad, "pop"corn, soda "pop" and cupcakes.
we even got favor bags to take home. 
inside there were pop rocks, a tootsie pop, popcorn, and a ring pop

I am lucky to have such a good group of friends. A lot of us have been friends since elementary. That is pretty rare these days. I hope my kids have as good of friends as I did growing up. It made all the difference.

Thanks to all the great gifts, we are feeling much more ready for this baby to come!

6 comments:

  1. so cute! I love that idea. Kadi said she saw you at target and said you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the cutest little baby bump! you don't look like you're going to pop at all, even though you are getting close...lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY cute!! Love this!! How fun, Melissa :) Congrats--and I can't wait to *meet* baby Sunday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am laughing thinking about all the funny things we talked about! :) That was so much fun, and I'm already looking forward to our summer party too! Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Sunday, who I'm sure, will be just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. It looks like you guys had a great time. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER cute. I hope I would have been invited if I was in Utah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...