2.14.2012

love week: i love valentine's day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Yet, I seem to always forget how much fun it is.
It has never been a huge present or commercial holiday for me, but rather a day to be festive and
celebrate all kinds of love with simple things. Looking back on this year's Valentine's Day, I realized most
of our celebrating had to do with food. Hmm. I guess that tells you we like food. It could be worse.  It was my turn to plan it this year, but since I wasn't quite sure where would we be, I kept the plans simple. 

It started off with breakfast in bed. I found the most festive idea on Pinterest for heart cinnamon rolls. 
Brandon loves cinnamon rolls and they were super easy. Jackpot!
I also put some love notes around the house and made a cd with love songs for Brandon's way to work. It's just too bad that he forgot to take it with him! When I got out of bed, I found a little present from B. Before work, he made these *festively shaped cookies and left a love letter. Letters are my favorite! He knows me well enough to know that I would want pictures and I found these on the camera: 
*As a sidenote, the giant heart cookie has a story behind it. A week ago we were at the grocery store and as we walked passed a shelf of huge cookies with sappy sayings on them, I told him about the time when my sister's boyfriend forgot to do anything for her for Valentine's Day. In his effort to redeem himself, he brought over a giant heart cookie at midnight--probably the last one at the store. We've always laughed about this. Brandon thought it would be funny to leave a heart cookie for me. But don't worry, he also brought home flowers.

I made a yummy and festive dinner of heart twice-baked potatoes, sauteed garlic beans, heart steak, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Afterwards, we cuddled up to One Fine Day.
I'm so lucky to be married to Brandon. I love LOVE and love being in love with him. Our life is sure to change here pretty soon, but I'm glad we got to celebrate another night of just the two of us.


1 comment:

  1. Awww that is so sweet! ANd so festive (of course) . You guys are adorable! Can't wait to hear the news...... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...