4.26.2012

blake's room...on a budget

I know Blake could care less what his room looks like. That is why for the first few weeks he slept on and off in a swing or in his pack n' play in the corner of our room. Quickly realizing we would get no sleep if we continued sharing a room, we moved him to his own. It has been a work in progress for the past few months. When we finally got a crib, I cracked down and finished decorating his room. Keep in mind, we are renting so we couldn't paint and everything I did was for my sake. I spend lots of time in there and it has become one of my favorite places to be. It is so peaceful and heavenly. By finally getting things organized and together, it continues to be my little sanctuary.

The one rule for myself was: I couldn't spend any additional money on decorating (besides the few things we had bought before he was born).  This forced me to get creative, but again, Blake could care less. And there is something fun about being frugal. So here goes...

$5 bookshelf we painted last summer. white baskets thrifted $4. picture frames thrifted $4. pottery barn copy-cat rocking chair $80 new off KSL. used gift card to buy slip cover. pillow $2 from garage sale. i am a child of god print and frame gifted.

clock from Kohl's years ago. IKEA plant. lamp a friend was giving away. tricycle thrifted $1. frames repainted and/or won. basket was gifted. 

dresser free from Brandon's parents (we painted it). crib free from a friend. bedding is dwell studio.

And here it is all together!

And us chilling on the nursery floor. I'm sure this is the first of many self portraits we'll be taking together. From the looks of it, Blake seems excited.

6 comments:

  1. The nursery is darling. I love the square-framed pictures above the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!If every one could do as good as you maybe world could have a better economy now! love the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun idea, if you want to add something to the walls that isn't permanent (besides framed pictures), is to starch fabric as a wall decal. Here is a website I found that gives great instructions: http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2008/07/starched-fabric-decal-experiment.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute room! I love all the ideas for finding ways to decorate a room on a budget. You're a genius, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the room. $5 bookshelf?! I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...