2.12.2013

heartbroken


^playing the chimes at Tahono Chul in Tuscon, AZ^

I just got on Facebook and saw that one of my college roommate's little boy passed away in his sleep. I am heartbroken for her, her husband, and her other children. I could not hold back the tears as I saw a recent picture of her and her little boy giving a kiss to each other just a few days prior to his passing.

It made me stop and think... will tonight be the last night I get to put Blake to sleep? Will it be the last time I get to kiss his soft little cheeks? Will it be the last time I get to make him smile and laugh?

Life is short. Life is fragile. Life is unpredictable.

For that reason, I'm going to keep capturing every little moment I get with him. I'm going to keep recording my thoughts and feelings about being his mother. I'm going to be that annoying person that always has a camera with me.

While I could not bear to think about losing little Blake, it will be these sweet memories, written and captured, that will be my real treasures in life, as I'm sure it is for my friend Katherine.

Love your loved ones extra long tonight...and forever. I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...