2.23.2014

sochi 2014 olympics

The Olympics ended today. I was certain I would watch them non-stop. I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. But for some reason (maybe because life happens or because I'm not very good at just relaxing), I didn't watch near as much as I thought I would.

At least we had a celebration during the Opening Ceremonies.  It was just our little family. Perfect. Since Brandon served his mission in Russia, he taught us all how to make Pilmini.

Here's how he did it: (with our help here and there). And he even documented it.

1. Make a nice, soft dough.


2.  Make a mixture of onions, pork, and beef. 

3. Roll out the dough. Cut it in small circles and fill each one with meat mixture. 



4. Freeze for 20 minutes. 

5. Boil for 20 minutes. Eat with sour cream or ketchup. 



In other cool news, Brandon was asked to come up with Olympic-themed Russian words for a "Word-Of-The-Day" that ABC-4 Utah (local news channel) wanted to air during the Olympics. So each day during the Olympics, we would watch a clip of him sharing the Russian word for that day. He did really well and he was grateful for the opportunity to get to use his Russian.


1 comment:

  1. How fun is that! We make Russian Food every year for Brent's homecoming anniversary and I love making the Pelmini with him. We usually make lots and freeze lots for later eating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...