1.30.2016

sunshine for my soul

I decided to be adventurous and go to St. George this week with Brandon's sisters and his mom. All of our husbands had to work and so I kept debating whether it would be wise to go. With 3 little ones, it could have been the dumbest decision. But, I figured we all could use some sunshine and so down south we went. We all had a great time.

Lynette rode down with me and thank goodness for her getting up out of her seat belt a million times to hand the kids food or books or water bottles. Oliver slept the entire time and was a champ. I only had to bring out the iPad for the last part. I'm grateful our kids are good travelers. 

We stopped in Beaver since Lynette wanted to get some cheese while I nursed Oliver. 

Once in St. George, we chose one big activity a day and let all the kids just play around the condo the rest of the time. We went to the cutest (and FREE!) children's museum and went off the beaten path to Glitter Mountain just over the Arizona border. We had both places practically to ourselves. I loved getting lots of outside time and even got to slip away for a run one day. 









Glitter Mountain was so cool. It's not really a mountain, but hills that completely sparkle in the sunshine due to all the gypsum deposits. (It was hard to capture on camera!) We took hammers and buckets and let the kids mine their own treasures.








I'm feeling refreshed and ready to conquer these last few months of winter. Bring it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...