9.03.2010

We need your help

{Don't worry. I am not posting this from Europe. I wrote it before we left and had it scheduled so you would have at least one Sunday Best update. That is if you even care.}

So we are on a quest...and we need your help!
for full details, check out So Festive

Every batch of chocolate chip cookies we have made in our married life has been
a flop.
a disaster.
no good.
a disappointment to our chocolate chip cookie cravings.

That is where you come in.

And since we are away, there is plenty of time to help us out.
We want your super delicious, no fail (because we are good at failing) chocolate chip cookie recipes.

We want to find the perfect recipe that we can make over and over and have it work out.

So dig out those recipe books and send them our way.

And hey, there will even be a prize for the person who sends in the best recipe.

May the best chocolate chip cookie win.
(If you don't have our personal email, just send it to sofestive@gmail.com)


4 comments:

  1. I will have to send you ours. Everyone always loves it but I to are on vacation so it will have to be when I get home and have the recipe. I do know you'll love it and it will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you won't be getting one from me because I feel just as distraught as you. So I need you so send the winning recipe my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should give this cookie a try =)

    Ingredients


    •1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
    •1 cup light brown sugar
    •3 tablespoons granulated sugar
    •1 large egg
    •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
    •1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    •1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    •1/2 teaspoon salt
    •1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
    •1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips



    Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)

    2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

    3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.

    4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

    Yield: 2 dozen cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I had that problem for the 1st year I was married. Ask my husband, I couldn't make a tasty batch of cookies to save my life. Then I discovered the recipe on the back of western family chocolate chips. Best ever. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...