8.23.2011

3 years

Our 3 year anniversary celebration was simple, yet sweet.
We are planning to take a little getaway in the Fall, but I am adamant about celebrating things on the actual day. So I planned a few simple things to make the day special. (Knowing I shouldn't even try to come close to what he planned last year).  The day ended up being perfect. Besides the fact that we had to work, it was fun to be relaxing and hanging out every other minute. 

I made banana-chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and had Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" song playing in the background. This was a favorite thing of ours while we were dating. Brandon had left a surprise note and gift on the table for me.  


And what do you know? We found that the rocks on our porch had magically transformed into this romantic design.

We received a gift card from a family in our ward as a thank you for teaching their son in primary. So, we used it to eat at Macaroni Grill. We had practically the whole place to ourselves and a very authentic Italian waiter, might I add. We have never taken so long to eat before. It was so nice to not be in a hurry. We talked about our goals for the upcoming year. And Brandon decided to tell me all the things he loves about me. What a lucky girl I am.


We have always loved shopping together, but we don't get to do it much anymore. I made sure that was part of the agenda. We weren't looking for anything in particular, but we found a few good bargains and loved just browsing Ross and Target together.

We finished off the night by watching our wedding video. It's crazy to think how far we've come since our wedding day. I'm so glad we chose each other. He really is my best friend.


5 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Glad you got some time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, MEL!!! You two are so so perfect together :)

    Happy Anniversary!!

    P.s. how is the job?! Do you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. There is nothing better than a couple who absolutely adores each other. You guys are such a good example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it's really been 3 years already. happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...