9.19.2011

1/2 Birthday

It was Brandon's 1/2 birthday on Sunday. I set an email reminder months ago so I wouldn't forget. He has been so cute to me lately (post on that later) and so I figured the least I could do was throw a little party for him. Plus, we've had a lot of young couples move into the ward lately that we've been wanting to do something with. So I combined the two for a 1/2 birthday party.

Brandon had no clue it was his half birthday. I wasn't sure how I would get him out of the house or how in the world I would make a cake without him knowing. Tell me white lies are okay in these situations? {Insert white lie #1.} I told him I was going visiting teaching. While he was taking a nap, I packed all the ingredients for a cake and put them in a cooler and hid them in the trunk. Instead of going visiting teaching, I went to my neighbors and baked the cake.

The same neighbor's husband is Brandon's home teaching companion. I schemed with him to have them go home teaching to get him out of the house. The funny thing is the couple they were home teaching were invited and kept trying to get Brandon to finish up because they knew a party was waiting.Needless to say, it all turned out perfectly. He was completely surprised, as was obvious with the look on his face when he opened the door:


To celebrate, he got 1/2 a cake, 1/2 a card, 1/2 the presents, and 1/2 working party hats.





We chatted and played games. I think it was a success! And it was so fun getting to know some of the other young couples in our ward.


the Eves

the Jones
the Adams + Austin

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...