12.28.2013

christmas eve

I hated that I was out running some errands on Christmas eve. Next year, I promise to be done by the 23rd. It made the day not feel as special. Well, thankfully, we turned the mood around by the evening. We had plans to go to my Dad's for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, but since my brother didn't get off work until 8:30, we had an early dinner with just our family.

We finished burning our advent candles since we missed 4th advent  and had a candlelight dinner in our family room that clearly had not been painted and the kitchen was still not done.

Then Blake showed us his cool moves.

Then we went to magical Station Park where Dad and Sarah met up with us. I have a feeling we are going to spend a lot of time over there. The shops were closed. The streets were silent. We were practically the only ones there. We marveled at the fountain show and watched the lights twinkle.







We had a late Christmas Eve dinner at my dad's, read the nativity together and then came back home to open PJs, read Twas the Night Before Christmas, write our Christmas letter to Santa and burn it, and then get to bed so Santa could come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...