10.01.2014

it's october!



"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." -L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

I love Octobers for so many reasons, but the biggest is because it reminds me of how many blessings have come to our family. I was just thinking about how good Heavenly Father has been to me and us. He truly knows us better than we know ourselves and knows what will be good for us and won't. 6 years ago I would not have dreamed my life would be the way it is, but thank goodness Heavenly Father has taken on a much better path than we were planning on. And he always keeps surprising us with blessings we didn't know we needed.

With the start of October, I can't help but think back to a year ago at this time. Evelyn was just a week from being born at this time and our emotions were all over the place. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it through Evelyn's birth.

How grateful I am that it was not my time to go and that Evelyn is in our family. My heart is bursting with love for her and for what she means to our family.

Her and Blake are the best of friends. They constantly want to be around each other and are always sad when the other is napping.  They are good litte helpers, even though everything takes 4x as long with their "help."

Today we kicked off October with a Pumpkin Waffle dinner. Here's to an exciting month ahead. Seriously, I was just looking at our calendar and it's going to be a non-stop party. Bring it on.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...