5.11.2015

41 years: my dad's surprise retirement party


My dad decided a little while ago to retire this year, so my siblings and I all put our heads together to plan a surprise retirement party. He's been at dear ol' Davis High School for 41 years! 41 years! I'm pretty sure there are few who have been at their place of employment longer than him. He is Davis High through and through. And it had its perks of having a dad work at high school-- forgotten lunch money? No problem! Plus his front row parking spot was always popular with our friends at lunch :) 

He was completely surprised! Success! We missed Em all the way from NYC, but the pies she ordered were just perfect.  The weather was not ideal: think rain, rain, rain. And it was chilly. But hey, 10 feet of snow doesn't stop this man from camping, so why should rain? Thankfully we had a large pavilion to stay dry under. We're so grateful that so many came to show love and support to him. I'll be honest. I even got emotional hearing the Davis Fight Song playing as he walked in. 

Congrats dad! The world is your oyster...




 













3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it turned out despite the rain! Everything looks awesome. Congrats to your Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so well! Wish we could have made it. Congrats to Uncle Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so well! Wish we could have made it. Congrats to Uncle Dave!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...