12.09.2015

#sundayfamilychristmasfun days 1-6

I've been trying to be very deliberate this December about what types of Christmas festivities we do. I usually want to DO every festive thing there is and want to go, go, go. And then by the time Christmas hits, I'm exhausted and worn out. Having a newborn has helped change my expectations. Instead of planning out our whole month, I've put the big activities on a calendar and let the other days dictate what we do depending on what we feel like. Our advent activities have been a lot more simple and mostly at home, but I've learned that my children are super happy with simple things. Just because we are simplifying doesn't mean we can't do anything at all. Christmas is so magical and I want my children to grow up with that magic and love in their hearts for this wonderful season.

Here's our fun for week 1:

Day 1: my little reindeer decorated the windows with clings from Aunt Kristin


Day 2: Blake and I (while E+O napped) made a Santa countdown that I forgot I had bought from Target dollar aisle. We're a day late, perfectly okay!


Day 3: Blake had pink eye, so our Christmas festivities for today included looking at the Santa tree at the doctor's office and smelling real trees at the grocery store when we picked up his prescription.



Day 4: We went to the Christkindlmarkt in SLC. It's been on my holiday bucket list for a few years and I'm grateful it worked out to go! It was typical of a German Christmas Market that I loved going to when I was in Germany. We tried some authentic food, window shopped the cute booths, met St. Niklaus, and had fun catching up with the Jones.










Day 5: We went to our Stake's Nativity display. There were 116 nativities from all around the world. Also, the first day Oliver and Blake matched in their red sweaters. So cute!


Day 6: St. Nicholas Day! He brought us Swiss chocolate, oranges, and the children new PJs. See post below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...