3.08.2015

puerto rico!!



So remember that time we went to Puerto Rico? It's about time I blog about it so it can be in our yearly blog book before I print it out. So allow me to take a trip down memory lane. And a warning: photo dump coming!

Brandon and I were definitely not planning on a big trip last year (although secretly I was hoping for a tropical getaway). He called me one Monday afternoon and said, "Hey, what are you doing next week?" I said, "Hmm. Laundry, diapers, the usual." He said, "How would you like to go to Puerto Rico?"

I was shocked to say the least. He went on to say that he was fixing one of the owner's of the company computers when the owner said he was supposed to go on this week-long trip to Puerto Rico with the Jazz 100 club. A few things came up and since he couldn't go, they decided to send Brandon and I. Wow. Yes please. A free trip? Don't twist my arm. We are in constant awe about how well this company treats us. They sent all of  to NYC the previous Fall and now this trip. They must know that travel is my love language. :)

To make that day even more exciting, it was the day I found out I was pregnant!!! We weren't really planning on a baby last year either, so even more of a BIG day.

So we found out Monday about Puerto Rico and were leaving that next Sunday night. I scrambled to find babysitters for our children, but I really didn't want them bouncing from house to house. My angel sister Kristin and her family offered to come down from Idaho and spend the entire week with our kids at our house. It was such a blessing and we could not have asked for a better set-up. With our children in good hands, we set off for a pretty amazing adventure.

We traveled down with the other club members. It was fun seeing familiar faces throughout the trip, but so nice that we didn't have to do everything with the group.

That first afternoon was so wonderful. There was a slight warm breeze. We explored the resort which was huge and enjoyed all the beautiful scenery.

We stayed at the El Conquistador Resort. It was right on the coast and even had it's own private island.



To get to our room, we had to take this tram down the side of the hill.



Talk about a room with a view. That island out there is the private island we visited a few times. 


We loved riding in this glass elevator each day to get to the restaurants and pools. And another great view from the resort. This was the trip I learned to do panoramic photos with my phone. You've been warned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...